Robert tests the new 40kWh Nissan Leaf by driving it up a volcano, and then driving back down without touching the brake pedal. We’d like to thank Nissan for taking us to Tenerife and looking after us while we were there, and for the use of the car of course.
Nissan flew Jonny Smith and his yellow trainers to Yokohama to test drive the 2018 Nissan Leaf. He tries one pedal driving and soon I’ll be testing ‘pro pilot.’ This is the first of many episodes coming from Japan. Hope you enjoy them.
Tony Seba’s Clean Disruption Keynote presentation at the Swedbank Nordic Energy Summit in Oslo, Norway, March 17th, 2016.
The keynote, based on the book ‘Clean Disruption of Energy and Transportation’ assert that four technology categories will disrupt energy and transportation by:
1- Batteries / Energy Storage
2- Electric Vehicles
3- Self-Driving Vehicles
4- Solar Energy
The outcome of the Clean Disruption is that by 2030
• All new vehicles will be electric.
• All new vehicles will be autonomous (self-driving).
• Oil will be obsolete
• Coal, natural gas and nuclear will be obsolete
• 80+ per cent of parking spaces will be obsolete.
• Individual car ownership will be obsolete.
• All new energy will be provided by solar (and wind)
Clean Disruption is a technology disruption. Just like digital cameras disrupted film and the web disrupted publishing, Clean Disruption is inevitable and it will be swift.